John P. Williamson
John Williamson is a trial attorney in the firm’s subrogation practice where he maximizes his clients’ recoveries through cost-effective litigation strategies. Having handled over 3,000 matters throughout the Courts of Virginia, the Eastern District of Virginia and arbitration, he has extensive experience in automobile, property, and product failure and defect losses. He counsels clients through various strategies to locate valid coverage and facilitates a recovery which saves time, increases the amount recovered, and decreases loss expenses.
In addition to his subrogation experience, John Williamson also has helped individual clients resolve personal injury claims, consumer disputes and traffic matters.
John Williamson has a wife, two young children and a Dalmatian and resides in Southern Virginia Beach.
- Multiple 100% recoveries in FTCA 28 C.F.R. § 14.9(b) Administrative reconsiderations
- Substantial recoveries against Municipalities for sewage backup asserting sovereign immunity
- Secured substantial recoveries in Interpleader actions involving multiple claimants where pro-rata recovery was presumed insufficient
- Secured multiple recoveries against Big Box retailers for third-party improper installation claims
- Secured recoveries against adverse carriers asserting coverage denials for non-permissive use, use of non-owned auto, and non-cooperation
- Secured multiple recoveries against domestic appliance manufacturers where defective part was foreign
- Secured 100% recovery against a tortfeasor not known in original liability assessment
- Secured multiple recoveries against Federal Government while avoiding Federal Court litigation