Scott C. Hartin
Scott C. Hartin
Scott Hartin focuses his practice on civil litigation. He has extensive jury trial and bench trial experience in courts across the Commonwealth of Virginia. He has successfully handled cases involving automobile and trucking liability, premises liability, products liability, toxic torts (including mold and asbestos cases), construction disputes, contractual disputes, insurance coverage disputes, bad faith litigation, employment discrimination, homeowner association liability, and personal injury claims.
In addition to traditional litigation matters, Mr. Hartin also devotes a portion of his practice to representing fiduciaries and surety bond providers in trust and estate matters. He has developed amicable working relationships with Commissioners of Accounts across the Commonwealth during this portion of his practice. His practice also involves defending employers against EEOC discrimination charges and wrongful termination claims.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Mr. Hartin was a nationally recognized corporate account executive in telecommunications. This experience provides him with the necessary insight to deliver businesses what they need, when they need it. In addition to handling litigation matters, he makes himself available to any insurance carrier on any question, any time, regardless of receiving any formal case assignment.
When away from the office, he enjoys running, playing basketball and golf, and spending time with his wife and daughter.
- Obtained defense verdict following a Circuit Court jury trial involving automobile operator and a pedestrian
- Obtained defense verdict following Circuit Court trial on slip and fall case involving exiting a medical transport vehicle
- Successfully defended negligent design claim against manufacturer, prevailing on demurrer
- Successfully defended the EEOC charge of discrimination and harassment resulting in dismissal of the EEOC charge and final adjudication of claim
- Successfully defended surety bond provider against Commissioner of Accounts action against conservator, resulting in final dismissal with no surcharge against the surety bond
- Successfully defended Homeowners Association in premises liability claim, ultimately resolving the case through alternative dispute resolution
- Successfully defended federal court indemnity lawsuit involving maritime law against independent contracting agency
Please contact Mr. Hartin at (757) 461-2500 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.